Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Finding inspiration

The garden season in Portland comes at the perfect time of year, it seems. By March, I've been thoroughly battered by running a small business through the holiday season, and exhausted from playing catch up and enduring tax season.

It is a time of year when I finally have a moment to catch my breath, but have been completely drained of inspiration and motivation to the point where I am not sure if I even want to continue gardening.

It is at this time of year when the garden rushes to my aid to help me escape the doldrums. The trees start budding and leafing out, the winter veggies demand to be eaten, the overwintering ones start growing again, perennial plants I thought lost to the winter pop back to life, herbs start making their first appearance, and the greatest of all, the asparagus starts rocketing from the ground.

Inspiration achieved, thanks garden.
Thrusting Spears of Motivation
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment